Springtime in Atlanta and the surrounding areas is beautiful, when the cities come to life with blooming flowers and warm weather. Whether you’re a local or just visiting, there are plenty of exciting activities to enjoy during this season. From outdoor festivals and concerts to museum exhibitions and nature walks, there’s something for everyone in Atlanta and the surrounding areas during the beautiful spring season.
Our local areas have plenty of fun, relaxing, and adventurous indoor and outdoor activities this season. So no matter your preferences, the Atlanta area has a fun springtime activity for you and your family.
We’ve compiled a list of some of the best springtime activities that the local areas and Atlanta offer for everyone to enjoy this season!
- Attend a fun festival. Many festivals start once the springtime weather picks up, including the Atlanta Dogwood Festival. This year’s festival occurs April 14th- April 16th, 2023 in Piedmont Park and has been an Atlanta staple for over 80 years! It features a Fine Artists Market that includes paintings, jewelry, sculptures and more! However if your family is looking for a free spring festival that provides some education, look no further than Sweet Auburn Springfest. This year’s festival is happening May 13- 14th 2023 and is called the largest family reunion in the world. The festival highlights the history of the Sweet Auburn district, with proceeds going towards renovating Auburn Avenue and the surrounding areas. The festival features good food, live music, and attracts a huge crowd every year.
- Visit a local park. The Historic Fourth Ward Park Conservancy has areas you and your family can picnic in, take nature walks around, and there’s even a splash pad for kids (or adults!) to enjoy when the weather gets hot. Piedmont Park is also a great option this springtime season. This park is located in Atlanta and has gardening workshops, fitness classes, and homeschool days. They also offer volunteering activities where you can pitch in and help “enhance Atlanta’s green heart.”
- Outdoor dining. Springtime is a great time to start eating outdoors again and enjoying a gentle breeze as you dine with friends and family. Rumi’s Kitchen is a fantastic place to enjoy unique outdoor dining. They have multiple Atlanta locations and one in Alpharetta, with beautiful outdoor spaces. Their delicious Persian cuisine includes Falafel, Hummusiya and many different types of kabobs. You might also try Osteria Mattone in Roswell for its delicious Italian cuisine and its delightful outdoor dining pergolas. Their menus include classic Italian pasta like Tonnarelli Cacio e Pepe and Fettucini Aglio E Olio and delicious desserts like panna cotta and gelato.
- Art Stroll. The Castleberry Hill Art Stroll occurs throughout the year every Friday from 6 pm-10 pm and is a self-guided tour throughout the neighborhood. The spring season is a great time to join this weekly stroll if you’ve been sticking to indoor activities over the winter and it is free to join! The art stroll includes installations, local galleries, and participating restaurants, so each week could be a “brand new” stroll depending on what vendors and local artists are participating!
- Night at the Theater. The Fabulous Fox Theater has some great performances lined up this season including The Price is Right, Little Big Town, and Moulin Rouge in April. The theater is a great escape for the whole family during a rainy Spring day or after a long day picnicking or biking outside.
Don’t these activities sound fun? We are so glad to share them with you!
We’d love to work with you and your family this springtime season and help you find more time to enjoy our fun seasonal activities in Atlanta and the surrounding areas. Visit our website at PMI Perimeter for all the details on our property management services and how we can help make life a bit easier for you this season, and all year.