Thinking about turning your Atlanta area home into a short-term rental income property? Your property can provide an easy way for you to earn passive income that covers the ongoing costs of property ownership and maintenance — and then some. Quality rental homes are in high demand in the Atlanta area, specifically:
- Peachtree Corners
- Sandy Springs
- Johns Creek
- East Cobb
Great tenants are the key to the success of any rental property. Here are six ways to find great tenants and keep your property occupied with them:
1. Start off on the right foot. Our goal is to prove you with the highest level of service and maximize your real estate investment from day one. We can help you as early in the process as you’d like, including providing a rental property analysis. We also help with marketing your property, tenant screening, rent collection, maintenance, property inspections and financial reporting.
2. Offer a clean and attractive rental. Your property needs to look inviting, inside and out. Small details, such as a clean and freshly painted front door, a welcome mat and wreath, flowers and new mulch all can set the stage for a successful landlord-renter relationship. Also make sure any security measures, such as motion-activated lighting, are working as they should.
3. Keep up with all repairs and maintenance. No tenant wants to live in a home with unresolved maintenance issues. We can help with a wide range of critical maintenance tasks and respond to tenant concerns and requests in a timely manner.
4. Inform them of area amenities and things to do. A high-quality tenant is likely interested in your community as a whole and the area in which you live. They’ll want to be involved in activities and are generally curious about what they can do in the Atlanta area. If they are new to the community and/or neighborhood, provide them with the information they can use to settle in. Include information about attractions, such as the Georgia Aquarium, Centennial Olympic Park, Martin Luther King Jr National Historic Site, the College Football Hall of Fame, the World of Coca Cola, the Atlanta Botanical Garden and other things to see and do.
5. Communicate often and honestly. Start with a well-written advertisement for your property, which includes everything your home offers, and continues through a tenant’s stay in your home. Market your property, but don’t oversell it and make it sound better than it is. A tenant wants to know that they can rely on open communication and honesty. We can market your investment property for you, honestly and effectively.
6. Be detail-oriented. Successful property management involves a lot of detail work. And you won’t keep quality tenants if you don’t have a handle on those details. That’s why partnering with PMI Perimeter is such a great way to go. We can help with some or all of the details required to successfully manage an investment property, such as maintenance, tenant requests/concerns and inspections.
Becoming a landlord and managing a rental property can be challenging. Finding a skilled Atlanta area residential property manager can help make that job easier and save you a lot of time and money. We can make owning and managing an investment property simple by helping with the ever-important tasks of marketing, tenant screening, rent collection, maintenance and financial reporting.
With PMI Perimeter, you get a full team of skilled professionals with the expertise to provide you with the highest level of service and the maximum return on your investment. We’re focused on your and your investment and providing the very best service to help your real estate venture succeed.