Atlanta has so many fun things to do during the holiday season, but don’t forget about January! We love to relax after a busy rush of the holidays and take a few days to enjoy presents, family, and being at home. After a few days though, you might be scrambling for some activities everyone will enjoy – and all together! We have put together some of our favorite activities happening THIS January for you and your family!
- Garden Lights, Holiday Nights. Missing those holiday lights or maybe you just didn’t see enough this season? Check out the 12th Annual Garden Lights, Holiday Nights at the Atlanta Botanical Gardens! This year’s display began November 12th and continues until January 14th. Hurry and see it fast!
- North Main Street Market. Check out the North Main Street Market in Alpharetta, a new type of winter market. This market happens every Wednesday in Henderson commons, and local vendors sell their own artisan goods as well as locally sourced foods. You’re sure to walk away with some yummy treats as well as some beautiful pieces!
- Illuminights at Zoo Atlanta. This beautiful tradition holiday festival runs now until January 15th. Event times run 5:30pm to 9pm, with discounts being available to zoo members. This year features lighted pieces of art, as well as a special “illuminight” view of wildlife.
- Shopping! January is always a great time to use any gift cards you received during the holidays. Lenox Square Mall or Perimeter Mall in Atlanta are both great choices for an after-holiday spree. You can also shop for home décor there. January is a great time to spruce up your house, apartment, or rental properties!
- Local restaurants. Roswell has some amazing restaurants for every palate! The 1920s Tavern on Canton Street has an eclectic menu of seafood, dips, and sandwiches while transporting you back to the 1920s with a speakeasy feel. Another local favorite is The Big Oak Tavern on Alpharetta Street. This Tavern was named for the over 100 year old oak tree out front, but it’s known for its delicious lobster mac and cheese!
- Fox Theater. The Fox Theater, or “The Fabulous Fox” as it’s known, is a great spot to stop in this January for a warm and cozy evening of entertainment. This January the theater is featuring a farewell tour from the B-52s as well as the Broadway tour of Hadestown. Both are can’t miss opportunities!
- Local Museums. Atlanta has some very unique museums – and winter is the perfect time to step inside! The Delta Flight Museum is a must-see for aviation enthusiasts. This exciting museum also includes seeing parts of a 747 hangar. Atlanta is also home to the The Chick-fil-A Backstage Tour, a one of a kind experience about the history of the company and its culture. If you’re unable to attend in person though, there is a virtual option that is free! You can also visit the Porsche Experience Center in Atlanta and not only race a Porsche around the test track but also learn all about the history of Porsche in their Heritage Gallery.
- Volunteer. It’s always nice to give back after the holiday season. In Dunwoody, you can become a Dunwoody Ambassador and volunteer for local events and help support area nonprofits. Once you sign up, you can receive a free t-shirt to wear while working local events! You’ll also receive a newsletter to help keep you in the loop of all the new and upcoming volunteer activities.
We hope you had a great holiday season and have an even better January! We’d love to work together this year and help you relax and find more time with the family. Visit our website at PMI Perimeter for all the details on our property management services and how we can help make life a bit easier for you this year!